Skip to main contentSkip to content
text
Saved0
News News Report

Tupac murd£r suspect Keefe D ‘brags’ about k!lling the rapper in shocking audio

Share f X W in

 

Audio tapes featuring the man accused of k!lling Tupac Shakur allegedly boasting about the rapper’s murd£r have surfaced and could become explosive trial evidence.

 

Duane “Keefe D” Davis spoke about his role in the k!lling of Tupac in several recorded phone calls behind bars, according to a Las Vegas legal source. The alleged recordings offer a new twist in the trial of Davis, who has pled not guilty to his involvement in the rap icon’s k!lling in September 1996.

 

Prosecutors allegedly plan to introduce the tapes as evidence in Davis’ trial, set to begin in Las Vegas on August 10, the source said.

 

The District Attorney’s office believes Keefe admitted to being involved in the crime during a recorded prison phone call, the source added, insisting it was his “First Amendment right”to be able to talk about Tupac.

 

Davis allegedly mentions his involvement in the murd£r along with intricate details about how it happened while discussing potential film and TV projects related to the case, according to the source.

 

Davis has publicly denied having any role in the murd£r since his arrest in 2023. He had previously talked about his involvement in the case in TV interviews and a memoir and also allegedly confessed to his involvement in two prior confessions made in police interviews.

 

He now claims those prior admissions were simply for “fame and fortune” and did not have any legitimacy.

 

Davis’ lawyer Michael Sanft played down the significance of the alleged recordings that could surface at trial.

 

“Here’s the thing at the end of the day, when the state of Nevada has to rely on that kind of information to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt, they’ve got a huge problem,” Sanft said.

 

“And I’ve seen the state before; they’ll listen to the phone calls, but it’s sort of like, ‘Nah, we don’t care. We don’t need them,’” he continued.

 

Snaft, however, did take up issue with Davis’ apparent craving for fame.

 

“Do I agree with him writing the book and doing all these interviews? No,” he said.

 

“Keefe knows that I’m in his corner and I have a personal pride issue here because I want to win this case too and I want to do the best job for Keefe that I can,” Snaft added.

 

Before his arrest, Keefe tried to sell rights to his memoir “Compton Street Legend” to many networks and production companies.

 

Judge Carli Kierny is holding a pre-trial hearing on June 30 to ensure all parties are ready for the August 10 trial.

Your reaction

How did this story make you feel?

Reader community

Join the conversation

Share a thoughtful response. Submissions may be reviewed before appearing.

0 responses
Be respectful. Avoid personal information, abuse and unverified allegations.

Loading responsesPlease wait.
Topics
Help others stay informed

Share this article

f X W
About the author

TheNaijaWide newsroom publishes verified reports, analysis and original coverage across Nigeria and beyond.

Join the conversation

My News
0 readers online0 stories todayTelegram